Well, it's been almost two years since regular posts showed up here. The main reason is that we're all easily distracted by bright shiny objects, and once updates to any particular blog fall out of regular habit, the dust begins to pile and becomes harder to clean off. Bad analogies aside, we all got busy.
That said, we're all still kickin'. And a recent post on The Artist's
blog made me think: we owe the blogosphere an update on the last couple of years.The Reader's Digest condensed version of the Gaggle's 2006, 2007, and Q12008:
- Some of us moved away from Memphis and some of us stayed.
- Some who moved came back and some didn't.
- We've added to the number of "couples" since last we posted, and some relationships have ended or changed.
- A few "geese" have faded from the center stage for one reason or another and we've added a few, including our first set of fully-qualified lesbians. Which is way cool, because lesbians are wicked-handy to have around and are generally way less obnoxious than gay boys when drunk (a crime of which I am clearly guilty from time to time).
- Some of us have been to India, some of us have been to New Orleans, and some of us haven't left the Mid-South.
- We've managed to drive both of our most favorite homo honeys (or "fag hags", if you're feeling nasty) away from Memphis, although both for good reasons and without any loss of love and mutual adoration.
- We've managed to add a couple other cool straight chicks.
- Some of us have new jobs, some of us started our own businesses, some of us have the same jobs, and some of us are still threatening to quit the same jobs we've been threatening to quit since before there was a gaggle (you know who you are).
- None of us have stopped drinking alcohol.
To sum it up, "change" has been our mantra even more so than Barack Obama's primary campaign. Some of it good, some of it less than good. But all of it as a testament to this thing we call the human experience. And all of it while loving and supporting each other in whatever capacity was appropriate at the time.
For detailed updates, I'll post the status of Dusty and LeBobo (and Honey, of course) here in a day or two. Perhaps it will start a chain of other goose-updates, we shall see. Also, I've updated the "Other Gaggle Blogs" section (see the right hand column) with the valid blog addresses for the only members still actively blogging. I'd love to add more to the list, but these bitches seem to be too busy to blog. C'est la vie.*UPDATE* Since the original post, Skipper has started blogging again. So I've added a link to his blog on the right. Jeezus H.